Friday, January 9, 2009

You.


I wish it were now, I wish I were ready now...
Trying to get a grasp on life lately. Things have definitely improved a bit.. But still, i'm gaining or trying to grasp more of an idea of who I am, who I need to be, who and what will make me happiest. Slowly but surely I think i'm getting there. I desperately wish I were all grown up already lol.. i'm aware of how lame that may sound. But in all seriousness, I yearn for that above all. People always say to cherish your childhood. & I did. I'm not a child, I'm not exactly sure what you'd call me now. Unfinished? In between? A mess? haha. About right.. The career, the husband, the house, the kids.. the life=] I'd be SO good at it.. REALLY. I promise. I'm ecstatic, anxious, scared, but so.. so ready... Gah, maybe I really am just, naive. It's possible, it's happened before. I realize I'm speaking another language right now.. tends to happen in times like these.

I don't know your name. I don't know what color your eyes are, or the way you cringe when you're disgusted. I haven't seen you cry, and I haven't felt you care. You've yet to gaze toward me and say all the right things, even if it's at the wrong time. Your touch hasn't sent the butterflies wild yet. & your smile has yet to make me soar. I'm still aching for your kiss, anxiously awaiting the way you'll know it all before i say a word.. Still waiting for the stupid arguments, for those times I wanna kick you. & for the forgiveness you never needed in the first place.
I'm still here, I'm still waiting. I don't know your name, and I don't know what color your eyes are.. but i already know you're the color to my world.
You know that romantic notion that all the garbage and the pain in love is really healing, beautiful and sort of poetic? It’s not. It’s just garbage and it’s pain. You know what’s better? Love. The day that you start thinking that love is overrated is the day that you’re wrong. The only thing wrong with love, faith and belief is not having it.

No comments: